- This event has passed.
ASHRAE Memphis Interactive Seminar: Your Ethics Toolbox: Building a Framework for Ethical Decision-Making With Case Studies
May 28, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join us for an interactive ethics seminar where we’ll pose ethical questions faced by real engineers, vote, and discuss the possible responses along with what the NSPE Board of Ethical Review had to say about it. Provided your local laws allow small gatherings and appropriate social distancing is possible, consider calling in as a group to allow for smaller group discussion.
Mike is a life-long Memphian. He graduated from Memphis State University with a degree in Mechanical Engineering in 1980.
He started at Pickering in 1980. He is Pickering’s Chief Mechanical/Fire Protection Engineer, and is registered in 25 states.
- Memphis Chapter President 1986-1987
- Chaired the ASHRAE Standards, TEGA, and Technical Activities Committees
- served on Society Board of Directors from 1999-2002
- is a Fellow and recipient of the Exceptional Service Award
- is a past-chair of TC1.7, “Business Practice and General Legal Education”
- currently sits on Technology Council and the Society GGAC Committee
- currently serves on Standards Appeals Panel and Ethics review Board
- currently chairs Memphis Chapter GGAC Committee
- has made numerous presentations on engineering ethics at chapter, CRC, and Society meetings
Member of the Mechanical Engineering Advisory Board at the University of Memphis
Mike is also a karate instructor for Contender Ministries at First Evangelical Church in Memphis.