- This event has passed.
Chapter Meeting: Building Performance Simulation Part 1 : (Energy Modeling)
March 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree – $20
Baalaganapathy Manohar will be presenting on Building Energy Modeling and the broader topic of Building Performance Simulation. Some Topics of Discussion would be :-
- What is Building performance Simulation and more specifically what is Energy Modeling
- Drivers and Trends in Energy Modeling
- Simulations Approaches and Techniques + Comparison of different programs
- Theory behind Energy/Load Modeling
- Standards and Codes for Energy Modeling
- Energy Plus
- Pitfalls in Energy Modeling
- Energy Modeling and LEED, etc
Mr.Baalaganapathy Manohar is currently a mechanical Engineer at GRW Engineers inc in Lexington. Baalaganapathy completed his Undergraduate degree Dubai and completed Grad School at the University of Florida. His area of specialization has been Thermal Sciences and Fluid Dynamics. He has 3 published papers related to heat transfer and is the Co Author of One Book Chapter Titled Urban Building Energy : Real-time Demand Response using Digital Twin to be published by Springer. He was a Research Assistant in Grad School Performing City Scale Building Energy models for all building in the city using Energy Plus. Baalaganapathy has also worked two years as an Energy Engineer at the University of Florida Industrial Assessment Center Performing Energy Audits for different Manufacturing Industries.